Jesus made the choice to come to earth, to take the form of man, Whom He created, to take our sin upon Himself and die a most horrible death – on a cross. Now, most of us will not have to face such things as death on a cross . . .
but . . . There comes a time (often, many times over the years) that we must press forward in obedience to that which Christ calls us to do even when it means there might be consequences of death.
Death of dreams.
Death of relationships.
Death of ______ (fill in the blank).
The questions we must ask ourselves are:
- Is the above ________ worth more to me and my life than serving my Lord wholeheartedly?
- Am I quick to forgive (even though it HURTS)? Matthew 6:15, Matthew 18:21
- Am I walking in the unconditional love of Christ? 1 John 3:16, 2 John 5-6
- Am I extending grace to others regardless of what may be said or done to me or to my character? Romans 15:5, 2 John 3
- And, speaking of character, am I truly exemplifying the character of my Lord by my responses? Ephesians 5:1-2
It all boils down to choices – we cannot choose the words and actions of others, but we CAN choose how we respond to them. We can lash out, we can throw tantrums, we can argue the facts, dwell upon the negativity and possibly grow a strong root of bitterness, anger and/or resentment . . .
. . . we can choose to allow the Love of God to permeate our being, and allow it to spread to others.
. . . we can choose to forgive and to pray blessings over the people, circumstances or situations involved. Matthew 5:44
Abba Father, I pray your blessings over those whom I love so dearly. Sometimes wrong choices are made, choices to listen to false lies, accusations, and the like. I choose to forgive and continue to love as You love us – unconditionally. Lord, God, pour out Your love, Your peace AND truth into the lives of my beloved friends and family. I thank You and praise You for the gift of each and every one of them in my life. I pray for reconciliation and for unity among us, for Your glory and the furthering of Your Kingdom, in Jesus Mighty Name, amen and amen!
©klh 4-Given Ministries